JOB POSTING: Full-Time Project Manager (1)
ModernfoldStyles, Inc. is recognized as the leader in flexible and innovative Space Management Solutions providing the largest array of operable partitions and glass wall systems for commercial and residential applications. Established in 1957, we have built and maintained strong partnerships with owners, developers, institutions, general contractors, architects, interior designers, and end users in the territories of New York, New Jersey, and the greater Philadelphia area.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Project Manager to join our Glass Division based in South Hackensack, NJ. The Project Manager must have a thorough knowledge and background in the commercial construction industry. He/she will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining multiple projects from inception to completion ensuring scope of work, timelines, approved budgets, and building and safety requirements are adhered to. The candidate should demonstrate initiative, thoughtful problem-solving skills to resolve on-site technical problems, and actively follow up on activities to maintain demanding deadlines. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of multiple projects working closely with the Glass Division sales lead and internal scheduling during all construction phases.
- Maintain and adhere to schedules throughout the course of the project with the ability to foresee any potential conflicts and addressing them to mitigate any risks or schedule-impacting problems.
- Oversee on-site installation, parts and materials being used for accuracy and quality control.
- Must be proficient with understanding and interpreting architectural and engineering documents to provide clear communications of the space partition design/drawings for construction.
- Work with management and sales team to create and maintain project budgets and schedules to track overall project performance.
- Manage, document, and immediately communicate any changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs to the appropriate parties.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with the project owners, general contractors, architects, engineers, clients and others to ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Attend internal project management meetings as well as required meetings with external customers as necessary.
- Field site visits are required.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license with a clean record.
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years in project management within the commercial construction industry.
- Knowledge of Glass Wall Systems, and space management solutions.
- Proficiency in reading and understanding contract documents (blueprints, specifications, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to details with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in desktop and iPad applications (Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Salesforce experience a plus).
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants without cover letters or resumes will not be considered. Only candidates located near New York City and northern New Jersey will be considered.